Thursday, December 30, 2004

On Blogging

Although I am overwhelmed with my school work, I would really like to make "something" out of this weblog. The little black fish inside me is eager to swim beyond the small pond and touches onto the ocean itself. She is encouraging me to develop a space in my blog for everybody to critically reflect on their blogging experience. Is not it wonderful if we could collectively explore this multifaceted virtual public sphere?

Imagining it as a project, I divided one's endeavor to blog into three phases; first, one is being motivated and gives thought to have a weblog; second one takes action and creates a weblog, gives a title and starts writing; third, one monitors and evaluates it as it is progressing, learns from the feedbacks and tries to make it better in a way or another.

From the motivation to designing, to planning, to implementing and to monitoring and evaluation of a personal weblog, I would like to provide a space to share our thoughts on:

1- What motivated you?
2- How did you come up with your design and plan?
3- What do you write on and why?
4- If your weblog evolved from "A" to"B"?
5- How do you monitor and evaluate it?
6- Did you learn at all through the process? If so, besides from the technology aspects, do you notice that you have other kinds of learnings?

These are some questions that help facilitate the debate on the topic.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and through an analysis, together we could develop an understanding of this new techno-social phenomenon and its broader impact upon us, the bloggers.

You can also email me at behrangfor@yahoo.com

No comments: